Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I've been working hard lately which would explain the lapse in updates. October means many things to many people. Halloween. The beginning of fall weather. Christmas season starting in about a week. But if you work for a FOX affiliate, as I do, then October means only one thing. Baseball. The all-American sport that makes me want to stick my head in the oven. Nothing against MLB, I enjoy going to games, but what I don't enjoy is working 15 hours a day, as was the case Monday. I went to Job #1 at 8 Monday morning and worked diligently. At 4:45 I had to leave to go to job #2 at FOX. Since the playoffs are playing on FOX for the month of October, our newscast can't go on at 9 as usual. So instead, we do a half hour show (normal show is an hour) at 6:30 on FOX, another half hour on our sister station UPN at 9, and then the normal hour show whenever the game is over. So instead of working until 5 and then going into FOX at 6:15 and finishing at 10:15, I worked until 4:45, sped over to get to FOX by 5, and did three shows with the last show ending at 11:30. I then went home and wanted to bash my TV in because, after all, both my jobs are in television causing me to work for almost 16 hours that day. Oy.

Next week is the big premiere. I'm so excited about going to Dallas (wish I could go to LA for the real premiere) because not only will I be seeing my movie but I will get to see a lot of friends that I haven't seen in quite a while. It's gonna be great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home