Sunday, October 16, 2005

After days of flip-flopping about whether or not to go to LA for the premiere, I've decided to skip out on it. I really wanted to go but in the end it came down to money. I couldn't quite justify spending $500 to fly there for one day and then fly back, even though it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Whatever.

I forgot to rant last week about what happened with John Edwards. A couple weeks ago John Edwards came to Little Rock for some kind of conference or something. Sidebar: It's not John Edwards from the TV show Crossing Over where he talks to dead people, it's the guy that ran for president and then for VP with Kerry. Anyway, he came to speak at the Clinton School of Business and the CSB people told us that Edwards agreed to an interview for the show. I got very excited even though I'm not a Democrat and I went home to practice on how to talk to semi-famous people without giving off the impression that I'm mildly retarded. Well, the night before the interview was to occur, we got an email from the CSB people and they said that Edwards wasn't going to give any interviews because "he didn't have time." Now, I usually put the show together on Fridays so that I can have the weekend off and then the show airs on Sunday night. Well, we get the email Thursday night. Edwards was supposed to be the whole show. So the night before we had to finish the show, we had nothing. Luckily, Roby got two interviews for Friday morning and we finished the show by Friday night. But that Edwards better watch his back. Maybe the other John Edwards can talk to some dead people and get them to go haunt him. Note to self: die so that John Edwards will talk to me so that I can get him to convince my fellow ghosts to haunt other John Edwards.

So just a few more days til the big premiere in Dallas. I also discovered that the Texas State Fair ends the last day I'll be there so I am definitely going to get my fair on. I can hear the fried Oreos and twinkies calling my name. Or maybe that's just my heart trying to talk some sense into me so I don't destroy it before I turn 24. Well, it doesn't matter anyway, I don't need it. I got two of them right? Or is that kidneys?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home