Saturday, November 12, 2005

I have a dirty little secret that haunts me everyday of my waking life. And I guarantee that at least 60% of the people reading this share it with me. My name is Jordan Foster, and I'm a procrastinator. Maybe it's the fact that in school, teachers are more worried about helping students pass the TAAS test and breaking up knife fights to actually teach about time management, but I'm convinced it's something everyone should take at least one class on. So in honor of my crippling affliction, we'll play a little quiz game.

Tyson Turner was getting married on Saturday and I decided to leave Friday night so I could sleep in on Saturday. So Thursday after work, I came home and...

A) Washed my clothes and started packing.
B) Cooked some dinner and then took a nap.
C) Layed on the couch and watched Survivor, The Apprentice, Prison Break and Family Guy, then realized that I needed to do something constructive so went into super-cleaning mode and cleaned my entire downstairs before realizing at 2:00 am that I could just wash my clothes and pack on my lunch hour the next day.

Moving on. Friday (my departure day) I worked on the show to get it finished and ended up working through lunch so I could be ready when we went out to FOX to do a satellite interview. I built new graphics for the show and got done around 8:00 and went back to my apartment. Then I...

A) Hurriedly packed and grabbed some dinner on my way out of town.
B) Picked up clothes off the floor and threw them in a suitcase and left.
C) Layed on my couch and watched Reunion and Family Guy before realizing that I really had to get it together and ran upstairs, grabbed some clothes out of the dryer and threw them in my backpack, before spending an hour trying to put songs on my iPod and wondering why my internet wouldn't work and then going to bed at 2:00 and setting 4 alarms to wake me up at 6:00 am.

If you can't figure out the answers, than I congratulate you because you do not suffer from this debilitating affliction. You're probably one of those people who pays their bills on time. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go do something lazy so that I can push all the important stuff further down my schedule where it belongs.

Promptness is way overrated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home