Friday, November 18, 2005

People. We gotta talk.

What is it about my name that makes it so hard to remember? I can not tell you how many times I've been called Jared, Justin, Josh, or Jason. Sometimes even George, but usually that's just when I'm introducing myself because I somtimes just slur the second syllable out of laziness. Seriously, "Jordan" is not that rare. There's a river named after it, a country named after it, a basketball star, I could go on and on. Do you really think anybody made the mistake of saying that #23 on the Bulls was Michael Jared. Or that Jesus was baptized in the Justin River. I mean, come on. It's come to the point that, if one more person calls me Jared, I'm just going to climb up in a tower and start shooting people. So remember: call me Jordan, you get a smile and a handshake; call me Jared, you get a punch in the face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home